Well, I thought since I'm stuck at home not feeling well, I would give you an update of what we've been working on in class and what is coming up next week!
This week we worked on:
- Phonics: Reading and writing short a and short e words.
- Reading Comprehension: Identifying the main idea of a story.
- Math: Numbers 10-12 and addition facts with sums of 10-12. Doubles addition facts: 1+1=2 all the way to 10+10=20. Ask your kids if they can tell them to you! We also learned a doubles addition wrap! You can look it up on You tube if you want to sing it at home, but be careful it gets stuck in your head! Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPKoNJH1Jg
- Bible: Samuel Anoints Two Kings , we've been talking about how other people tend to look at how we are on the outside but God looks at our hearts:)
- Science: The human body: We've talked about our brain and digestive system so far and on Friday we will be doing a pumpkin floating experiment ( if I'm feeling better and back in school) Next week we will be finishing up the human body and beginning our unit on animals!
- Social Studies: we have been talking about maps and our place on them and what neighborhood, city, state, country, and continent we live on. Next week we will begin talking about our leaders.
I will not be in school tomorrow as I am still not feeling well but I am hopeful that another day of rest is all I need! After everyone being so sick I just didn't want to take the chance of giving everyone another illness, plus whatever this is has made me so tired!